A little background: Today I was looking through my American Sign Language textbook. Since it's a used textbook, there's a plethora of writing in it. As far as I can tell, there's been two previous owners: one that was a good student, who thoroughly enjoyed writing notes in her textbook (based on evidence, I think she's called Cynthia. Regardless, that's what I'll be calling her). The other one? (Probably) a guy, who liked doodling. Doodling what, you ask? Everything, and anything. The book is came illustrated with pictures and cartoons of how to sign, how to have facial expressions, and the like. The mystery doodler, who I'll call "Pauly" (based on something I found written in the book), added things to the pictures, like captions, dialog, and other illustrations. I'm thinking of making a blog out of it, since I have a scanner and some free time. Most of the humor is immature, but that's true of a lot of today's comedy.
This post, and the few that follow, are test posts. Before I get actually into this project, I want to see what the reaction will be like. So, by all means, please comment on my posts! If I get a lot of positive response, I'll almost certainly continue this project.
Also, if you have any scans of a funny doodle in a book, and you want to share them, e-mail them to "thedoodlechronicles@gmail.com". If I find them funny, I'll post them here, along with your name and website, if you want.
No comments:
Post a Comment